Stuff I Recommend
This is a list of my 100% must-reads. For more cool/useful stuff I find, follow the recommendations tag.
- Justice: What’s the Right Thing To Do?. Amazing Harvard lecture series on Ethics that got me into the subject.
- Robert Sapolsky: The Biology of Human Behavior. Stanford lecture series. Are you in control of your decisions and personality? Maybe not as much as you think.
- Everything is a Remix. “There be nothing new, but that which is Hath been before…” (Free) documentary on the history of stealing ideas, and how the current reinterpretation of IP / copyright laws stand in the way of innovation, not help it.
- The Story Of Maths (4 part series).
- The Human Animal.
- Untold History Of The United Stated (series on Netflix).
- The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius.
- On Liberty, John Stuart Mill.
- Norton Anthology of English Literature.
- The Golden Sayings of Epictetus.
- The Story Of Civilization (11 volumes), Will Durant.
- On Crimes And Punishment, Beccaria (Young translation).
- Society Of The Spectacle (Nicholson translation).
- Getting Real, Jason Fried
- Alice in Wonderland / Through the Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll
- The Trial, Franz Kafka
- Don Quijote De La Mancha, Miguel de Cervantes
- The writings of Hannah Arendt.
- Brave New World.
- Mafalda + Other works of Quino.